Benefits Of Auctions & Estate Sales
There are several good reasons why an auction has considerable value, both for sellers and buyers.
At Adcock Auctions, we offer several decades of experience and welcome the opportunity to be of service to you. We invite you to learn more about the benefits of auctions. Then, please contact the full-service auction professionals at Adcock Auctions by phone at 919-880-4168, by email, or by filling out our online contact form. Let’s discuss your specific goals and objectives and arrive at an auction plan and event that will meet your needs.
Auctions offer numerous benefits over traditional real estate transactions:
* Auctions generate a form of competition not duplicated by traditional real estate marketing. During an auction, each bid not only negotiates the price up, but also reinforces the market value of the property. The auction atmosphere generates excitement that isn’t matched by blind bidding wars in traditional real estate sales.
* You set the minimum price. While buyers determine the final purchase price, as a seller, you are in control of the minimum price you’ll accept. You set this minimum, called a reserve, prior to the start of the auction.
* Auctions are time limited. When you put a home on the market, you have very little control of when the property is actually sold. Auctions give the seller control over when the property is sold, and provide the buyer great incentive to act.
* Commissions are paid by the buyer. In an auction, there is an advertised “buyer’s premium” paid by the buyer, above and beyond the winning bid. For example, if the buyer’s premium is 6% and the winning bid is $200,000, the buyer also pays the $12,000 buyer’s premium. This premium is the auctioneer’s commission.
* Auctions are carefully planned. Successful auctions are no mystery or accident. When led by seasoned professionals, auctions are effectively promoted and targeted to known audiences of interested buyers. Auctions are advertised through multiple channels (mail, internet, traditional advertising, etc.) and items are professionally staged to promote the highest bidding.
Buyers also benefit from the auction process:
* Buyers determine the purchase price. During an auction, the bidders decide how high the price will go. As a participant, you are in control of how much you are willing to pay for an item.
* The buying process is quick. Long negotiation periods are eliminated when items are auctioned. The sale can be completed in as little as a few minutes, instead of days, weeks, or months.
* Great values can be found. Every item has the potential to be purchased at a good value. Because competition and interest among bidders can vary from sale to sale, often items can be purchased at a significant value.