Who does an agent represent?
Once you have made the decision to purchase or sell a home, the next step is finding a real estate agent who will best represent you and your housing needs.
There are three types of real estate agencies: the Buyer’s Agent, the Seller’s Agent, and the Dual Agent. Please read this information about the legal aspects of agency: Working With Real Estate Agents.
Note: These are the three most typical Agent/Client relationships. The terms of these relationships may vary from state to state, so please verify the terms of these Agency Agreements in your local area before signing any agreements.
How an agent can assist you?
Buying a House
When buying a house, an agent can help by:
* Researching property listings and finding potential matches to your criteria.
* Scheduling showings for you at a convenient time.
* Providing guidance to you during the contract negotiation phase of the selling process.
* Assisting with coordinating and scheduling the home inspection, appraisal, and closing for you.
* Providing referrals for mortgage lenders.
Selling a House
Selling a house without an agent isn’t free. Many don’t consider the time and costs incurred when you market your home yourself including:
* Designing and placing ads and flyers for your house
* Answering phone and email inquiries about your home
* Scheduling and showing the property
* Potentially showing your home to strangers who show up unannounced
There are many advantages of working with a licensed real estate agent to sell your home. An agent will:
* Help you to establish a fair asking price
* Handle all advertising and marketing of your home
* Schedule appointments and show your home without your presence
* Market your home to other real estate offices and agents
* Represent you in the negotiations with the prospective buyer
* Guide you through the closing process
In short, working with an agent will save you time, money, and aggravation. Remember, this is probably the biggest sales transaction you will have in your life, so it is important to work with someone who will get you the best offer!
Why you should work with Adcock & Associates
All Adcock & Associates agents are dedicated professionals who will put in the extra effort to find the ideal match for you, whether that's the perfect home … or the perfect home buyer.
Our experienced team KNOWS the area. We understand the market and all the details you want to know before moving to a new neighborhood: schools, churches, volunteering opportunities, parks ... and even where to find the best cup of coffee, burger, or dessert.
The agents at Adcock & Associates are all licensed by the State of North Carolina and are members of the National Association of REALTORS ®. REALTORS ® must adhere to a strict code of ethics that goes above and beyond North Carolina's legal requirements.
We’ve been helping people with their real estate needs since 1976, far longer than any other local company.
Our long history means Adcock & Associates agents have a vast network including city and county officials, the Chamber of Commerce, members of the medical community, education and community college leaders, churches, non-profits, and civic organizations, as well as potential buyers and sellers. Have a question about anything local? If we don’t know the answer ourselves, we’ll know the right person to contact.
Adcock & Associates puts our listings on a large and ever-growing number of online listing sites including REALTOR.com, Zillow, Trulia, local MLS's and more. We are constantly looking for up and coming websites, apps, and tools. Our goal is to get your home in front of every potential buyer, no matter where they are located. For home buyers, we have access to every single property out there…one of which might be right for you.
Social Media Marketing.
Technology plays a critical role in the real estate market, so our agents are active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Periscope, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. We will leave no virtual stone unturned in our quest to help you buy or sell a home!